THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE VISIT MY DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFO.
Thanksgiving kicks off the holiday season and the season for giving. Generosity is contagious, but it is most contagious this time of year. Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday, a day we are all encouraged to give. Swagbucks has made giving easier on the wallet by providing opportunities to earn gift cards in return for donations to charities.
Many years ago I was introduced to the idea of “irrational generosity” at Life.Church in Oklahoma. This is one of the core values of the year and I can tell you that they live it out every day, week, month and year. The first time I attended the pastor said “if you are an adult man or woman in need of food, clothing or shelter, when the offering plate comes to you take the cash and allow it to meet your needs.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, but I really appreciated that someone was willing to be so generous.
While we may not be able to be a generous at the pastor, we can surely do our part. It’s really easy to give when there is plenty of money flowing it, but when it isn’t the desire to give can be quite the burden. This year allow Swagbucks to lift a little of the burden.
WHO CAN USE SWAGBUCKS TO DONATE?
Anyone who has a Swagbucks account. If you do not have an account, you can use my link and earn an additional 300 SB ($3.00).
HOW MUCH CAN I EARN BY DONATING THROUGH SWAGBUCKS?
The offers are always changing, so I can’t give you a definite answer. I can tell you that I have earned $264 and am on track to earn another $187.50 for a total of $451.50.
If you were to support the 10 offers listed below (except the Boys & Girls Club) you will earn 39,250 SB ($392.50). Not all offers have to be completed at the same time. Check back and give as your budget permits. This is what I do.
HOW DO I USE SWAGBUCKS TO DONATE TO CHARITY?
It’s pretty simple. You select the offer(s) you want to donate to and then Swagbucks will reward you with SB (swagbucks) that can be redeemed for gift cards. To me the Wal-Mart gift card is the same as cash, but you can choose from other companies like Target, Amazon and Paypal.
Step by Step Guide to your first donation:
- Log into your account.
- In the address bar enter, www.swagbucks.com/discover/charities. You will see a screen similar to the image below. Keep in mind the offers are added and will expire at various time.
- Hover your mouse over the “Earn #### SB” to display the Details & Disclaimer. Review this information
- Click on the offer(s) you are interested in and follow the instructions.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU DONATE
- Always read the Details and Disclaimer for the offer before completing your donation. I recommend keeping track of the company name, offer title, details & disclaimer in an excel or word file, just in case there is a discrepancy in the future.
- Some offers are for one time donations while others are for recurring donations.
- Not all SB will be awarded immediately, you may have to wait 30 days or more, but this info is in the disclaimer.
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
To help you get started giving through Swagbucks, I have compiled a list of 17 offers and all of their details, so you don’t have to waste time copying and pasting data. The offers are worth $627.50!
Enter your email below and you will be well on your way.
FREE List of Swagbucks Charities
The includes charity names, activity name, Swagbuck reward amounts, details & disclaimers for 17 charities. Swagbucks rewards total $600+.