THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE VISIT MY DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFO.
Extra Income & Found Money Report
I am on baby step #6, pay off the mortgage, of the Total Money Makeover. The extra income and found money report is a way to keep track of all the extras that can go toward my goal of paying my house off in 5 years or less. It only took me 5.5 years to pay off $104,616 in debt, so I figure if I put everything I have learned to work, I can get the house paid off in no time.
There are two ways to “get” more money for a financial goal. The first is to “find” money, by cutting expenses. The second is to make more money.
The income below includes all income that is not from my full-time/civilian job.
|Createspace – Book Royalties||20.95|
- Createspace is an Amazon company that makes it possible for individuals like you and me to publish and sell our own books.
- Interest Income will higher in the coming months because I move my money to Ally bank.
- Military Reserves is the best part time job a girl (or guy) can have. I report for duty 2 days per month and two weeks per year.
- Roomie Rent is not for everyone, but if you are willing to fill unused space in your house or apartment it is a way to increase cash flow.
- Swagbucks is a new challenge for me. $110 in one month isn’t bad. I will keep at it and one day post all that I did to make the money.
Found money is money that becomes available after I cut back on expenses. Mostly this will be a serious of reduction in monthly expenses.
|Sprint Auto Payments||10.00|
|Bill Shark Saving on Sprint||25.50|
|Internet (Rommie Half)||22.50|
- Sprint Auto Payments – Check for this saving with your phone carrier. All you do is sign up for autodraft. If you are like me and don’t like autodraft, pay the bill early so they have no need to access your account.
- Bill Shark is a service that will negotiate saving for you on your behalf. Make sure you understand the process before you sign up. They will help you with
- Cable and Satellite TV
- Wireless Phone
- Landline Phone
- Internet Access
- Satellite Radio
- Home Security
- TV, Internet & Phone Packages
I actually had $1,185.54 to put towards my Total Money Makeover. The mortgage is my focus, but it is on hold while I am refilling my emergency fund.